After my farewell party, I read one last time the letter I prepared then I pressed the SEND button.
I wanted my colleagues to understand why I was quitting and why I chose to become a life coach.
How do I share bring my personal story in the corporate world, share what i’ve been through with my colleagues, give them a glimpse of my story, what is going on and what’s coming next for me in few words…
That was not an easy task. How do I remove the mask we wear in the corporate world and show up authentically?
My Farewell Letter
« I feel emotional when I write this letter. I didn’t think it would be so hard to quit. I don’t quit a company but I’m leaving amazing people. Smiles in the corridor, people I had more than a coffee break with, people with whom I had meaningful talks, people I imagine new possibilities for the world we are living in….
Yes, I will miss people from [my company]. They are open and ready to take on new challenges. Today, I take on a new challenge : I’m becoming a Life Coach.
It took me years to admit that I didn’t like my job, one year to take the decision to actively look for my passions, few months to find my passion and few more months to dare to start living it. This is where I am. I am writing my farewell letter…
- February 2009: My first job as an IT consultant
- September 2011: I start in [ my company]
- April 2013: My disease makes me conscious that something is wrong
- September 2013: I have the courage to say I cannot continue in my career in IT
- August 2014: I challenge myself « Within one year, I want to quit my current job. I want to have a clear view of what I want to do. »
- September 2014: I hire a life coach and I do the Bilan de competence (french career consulting) at the same time
- December 2014: I found my life purpose
- Enjoy my life with love, passion and meaning. Always stay independent , strong and true to myself, Inspire and touch people to help them grow and lift their lives up.
- January 2015: I sign up for my coaching program
- March 2015: I tell [my company] that I want to quit
- May 2015: It’s the new beginning
Ongoing : building my website, finishing my training program that will end in beginning of October, coaching pro bono some friends
Next step: Building my company, creating my coaching package, Complimentary coaching sessions, networking, sharing my passion, meeting new people, coaching via skype people from home and all around the world. »
Theses days people often asked : What is a « life coach »?
A life coach helps and guide people to bring out their project: career change, gain self confidence, create their company, dare to travel all around the world or any other dreams.
Coaching tool: empowering questioning, intuitive listening, introspection, identifying block, championing, building action plans…
The goal is to help the client find their own solutions.
For anyone who wish to know my story, my new life, my life coaching or just talk about their dreams (I love that), I would love to connect on social networks and don’t hesitate to read my blog!
[social networks infos :)]
We all have dreams, passions and the potential to make them come true. It is only up to us to make them come true.
Have the courage to dream and fight for what really matters.
“Your life is your message to the world make sure it is inspiring”
I changed my e-mail signature! 😉
I love this! I’m so happy for you Anna! Congratulations on a new adventure. I hope some day i can do the same and work full time over my store! <3
Thank you Suriya !! You will do the same. It is going to come for you too 🙂 your dreams will come true !